Core Team Setup
- An Account Manager and PM from our side will be appointed to oversee the ODC setup and seed the rest of the team for the EDC. You will also need to appoint a core team of functional manager and technical manager.
- Training Manager needs to be identified for Cultural and Project Training for the team
Definition of key Operating Processes
Core team agrees on the key operating processes for ODC. This is a very important step in the engagement where all the operating processes were defined, specifically containing the following:
- You appoint a Program Manager and Delivery Head at their end as well.
- Define the steady state operational procedures.
- Reporting: Daily status reports to be logged in the PM tool, weekly the reports would go the delivery heads and bi-weekly to the top management to track the progress of the project.
- Escalation Matrix and communication path in resolution of issues will be identified.
Implementation of Processes and Systems
Any systems/tools needed as per the agreed operating processes are implemented.
We, at Connecting Dots identify a common Project Management tool. Specific devices like Mobile devices, hard disks for data backup, specific working machines etc. will be procured, Workstations will be defined. Strict Security Norms for Data Security will be specified, we will sign project specific NDAs with every team member and subsequent to be inducted.
Resource Ramp-up and Enablement
Resources required for executing the planned work are added to the ODC and are given the required training on client business, applications and operating processes.
KM/KT plan will be created in the beginning, documented and training session’s video can be recorded so that future training needs can be fulfilled optimally.
We also have a strong recruiting team and available employee database sources. We have good capabilities on ramping up teams on short notices.
We also follow a regimented training process for our team. Typically, senior members of the team have to take out time to train junior developers. This is how we have built up our Magento team from scratch. In India, we will have to be open for two scenarios while hiring folks (like Magento):
Scenario 1: Hiring Magento skilled developers.
Scenario 2: Hiring PHP developers and then making them up to speed and train them on Magento.
We have a developed our team using a mix of the above scenarios.
Steady-state readiness review
A review of the facility and preparedness may be done by the customer to ensure that the facility can start functioning as an ODC
We would request you to make a visit to the Bangalore facility to review the facilities/infrastructure, and talk to the team.