Security Enhancements in Magento Community Edition 184.108.40.206
Magento rocks once again with its upgraded version. Magento 1.8 community edition comes with the improved tax calculation, enhanced performance and much more tightened security as it is always famous for its security which will boost product quality and stability.
Here are the few advanced features in magento 1.8:
- Magento admin panel web store doesn’t allow web browsers to store user names or passwords.
- No more error display on installation
- The cryptographic methods are used to store passwords which lead to enhance security.
- Resolved issue with the security of OAuth tokens and keys.
- New Magento web store has additional Cross Site Request Forgery protections, an imposter can no longer impersonate a newly registered customer and perform actions on the their behalf.
- This resolves an issue of accessing the billing information form the attackers.
- Prevent a user with limited privileges to delete the Magento installation.
- Prevent attacks that use OAuth to leak sensitive information to an attacker that knows the consumer key and user token.
- Also, a remote code execution vulnerability was fixed.
[I am Anusha, I am passionate about Magento and UI development at Connecting Dots. We are a Business & Technology consulting and Digital Marketing company. At Connecting Dots, we help startups and emerging companies build great businesses, we are also Magento solution partners and build great eCommerce portals]