The Latest Magento Community Edition 188.8.131.52
The latest Magento CE 184.108.40.206 has resolved some of the main issues faced by the other earlier versions. The main changes that took place in the latest version are:
- In case of inactive shopping cart price rule, customers can’t apply any coupon while making a purchase.
- Magento CE 220.127.116.11 has made all its default themes as responsive to have a better user experience. Thus, any Smartphone user or any other device user can have excellent view and can even expand the sub-categories in the web store with the help of the new responsive shopping websites.
- Since the latest version offers responsive sites, it has potential search engine optimization (SEO) benefits as it uses the Google preferred sites optimizing approaches.
- Supports PHP 5.4
- Upgraded the Zend Framework to 1.12.3 version.
- Advanced Checkout features:
- Bill Me later Options are now available for your customers.
- More smooth PayPal Express Checkout options that provide alternative payment options when a credit card is rejected.
- You can now enable or disable order review page.
Now let us dive a little bit more deeply into the latest changes. The main changes have happened in case of Security and Tax Calculations Updates.
- The cross-site scripting problem while creating configurable product variants was resolved.
- A potential security issue that resulted in the display of information related to different order was rectified.
- In case the shoppers are using the payment method PayPal Website Payments Standard then they can’t change the currency.
- Enhanced file system security.
- Improved the security in case of action URLs like billing agreements.
- Resolved session fixation vulnerability in case of checkout.
- Enhanced the security of the Magento randomness function.
The Changes That Were Made
- The default setting in case of configurable and bundled products has changed in the Admin Panel. So now when you click Products attribute in Manage tab and then click on the Design tab, the Display Product Options In default option is changed to Product Info Column.
- The Latest version has disabled Google Websites Optimizer as it was deprecated by Google.
- Changes in the FedEx endpoints in case of sandbox and production:
- Magento CE 1.9 offers a fix to the issue that prevented some Discover credit card number ranges from being recognized as valid. This issue has been fixed and now all Discover cards are validated properly.
- The default values for certain configuration options were changed as follows:
- Products per Page on Grid Allowed Values as 12, 24, 36.
- Products per Page on Grid Default Value as 12.
- Changes to PayPal Express checkout:
- Changes to both Proceed to Checkout and to Pay With PayPal:
- Customers now can’t edit their billing address on the PayPal site and the billing address is also not displayed on the PayPal site.
- Magento CE now uses the customer's PayPal address and not the address stored in Magento CE. When the customer is redirected to the PayPal site, they can click the Change next to their payment method to change it.
- The Magento administrator can now set the billing address information in the Admin Panel.
- Changes to Pay With PayPal only:
- The Magento administrator can set to the customer's PayPal shipping address as the customer's billing address if he doesn’t require the customer's billing address.
- The Magento administrator can set the customer's PayPal billing address as the customer's billing address.
- On the PayPal site, the customer can click the Change button next to their shipping address to change the address. The customer can choose any shipping address that is configured with PayPal.
- Changes to Proceed to Checkout only:
- No Change link is displayed next to the customer's shipping address on the PayPal site.
- The user can now select the Use as preferred shipping address check box to instruct PayPal to change their shipping address.
- Changes to both Proceed to Checkout and to Pay With PayPal:
- The latest version resolved one cent rounding error in the case Fixed Product Tax (FPT) was enabled and the option Apply Discount to FPT was set as Yes.
- Resolved issues in calculating the credit memo amount in case FPT are discounted and in case customer purchases more than one item.
There were several fixes made to the new version of Magento CE 18.104.22.168. Here we will discuss them in detail.
Web Store and Shopping Cart Fixes
- A customer can now update quantities of items in their shopping cart from My Account page.
- The Minimum Advertised Price pop-up works correctly in the shopping portal when a customer clicks Click for price.
- The "customer since" date is perfectly displayed.
- Enabling Display Out of Stock Products to Yes, no longer displays all products as out of stock.
- Gift card codes are now sent only after an item is purchased.
- Resolved issues while applying 100% discount for an order.
- Customers are now not redirected to the home page when they have permission to view a category.
- Discount amounts are correctly displayed.
- Issues in placing orders using PayPal Payments Advanced or PayPal Payflow Link in Internet Explorer 9 are resolved.
Promotional Price Fixes
- Shopping cart price rules are applied properly to grouped products.
- Two catalog price rules applied to same product work correctly.
- A user with read-only privileges in Admin Panel cannot save changes to price rule.
- Applying the shopping cart price rule now don’t display the exception.
- Coupon codes can be applied to products eligible for price rule.
Fixes in Administrative Ordering, Invoicing and Credit Memo
- In case a customer places order for a product on the Website and administrator with privileges to all websites removes that product. When an administrator with access to only that Website attempts to create an RMA for deleted product, the administrator now don’t see an error message instead, he gets Access Denied message.
- Resolved incorrect calculation of the amount in case of discounted items based on shopping cart price rule.
- The credit memo amount is calculated perfectly when processing partial invoice with a discount.
- Making comments in credit memo no longer return items to stock.
Payment Method Fixes
- Eliminated errors in the logs when administrator selects Payment Methods.
- You can use New Zealand dollars as the base currency with eWAY Direct Payment Bridge.
- Store credit is applied properly using Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution.
- Categories on the web-store displays with spaces between category names.
- An administrative user can now subscribe to the low stock RSS feeds without any errors.
- Category URLs work as expected.
- No fatal error displays if a role-restricted user previews newsletter in the Admin Panel.
- You can update changes to a category that has over 1,000 products.
- Deactivating one of several banners will no longer give exceptions.
- Solved issues with WSDL cache.
- Improved the effectiveness of product searches.
- Resolved issues with DHL International shipping method.
- Resolved errors in the layered navigation.
- Resolved SQL error caused while attempting to assign bundled product to another website.
- Rules-based product relations work as expected after saving.
So start using the new Magento CE 22.214.171.124 now!!
[We are Connecting Dots, a full service eCommerce solutions company. At Connecting Dots, we help companies build great online businesses, we are Magento implementation partners and build great eCommerce portals]